Nov 26, 2019
This week on #DtSR (live from Las Vegas, Enfuse 2019 Conference)
Rafal chats with Nick Patience of 451 Group. Nick has some
expertise in ML and provides context and content that is badly
needed to dispel the crazy marketing hype out there.
Highlights from this week's episode include...
- Nick answers the "What is ML/AI, and what is it not?"
- We think Nick insulted machines by calling their learning
potentially "shallow" (haha)
- Nick gives us the retail applications of machine learning -
grocery stores and similar things
- Nick talks about "automating the mundane vs automating the
complex" as problem spaces where ML is applicable
- Nick explains ML is just software - but it's different from