Feb 11, 2012
We were "live to tape" (as Adam says) from HP's Master
the Cloud event in Calgary. As we wrap up the road tour in
the frozen city of Calgary I had the pleasure of sitting down with
a comedian and celebrity, a technical expert on virtualization from
HP, and the manager of Intel's advanced server technologies
team. This was a wild, off-the-rails discussion and you can
really tell we were just having a good time and excited to wrap up
the tour. Great topics of discussion...
Topics covered in this episode include...
- Hypervisors and their value to cloud computing, virtualization
- Why are hypervisors critical to cloud computing?
- Will Intel build a hypervisor into the silicone?
- How robust driver stacks keep hypervisors 'safe' on the
- "Raising the bar" on security (analogies of a department
- Virtualization of compute resources & BYOD ...slightly off
- Federation of identities, and applied to social media
- Jake Smith (Advanced Server Technologies Manager at
Intel Corp.) - Jake was a keynote speaker at HP's "Master
the Cloud" tour across Canada speaking about Intel's vision for a
more connected, more virtualized, and more secure Cloud
Computing environment; including Intel's partnerships with HP
and some of the advancements they have embarked on together.
Jake can be found on LinkedIn here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jakesmith42
- Adam Growe (Celebrity host of Cash Cab Canada)
- Adam is the host of Canada's "Cash Cab" show on the Discovery
Channel. Additionally, Adam has his own quiz show ("The Adam
Growe Quiz Show") and is a recognized celebrity, accomplished
comedian and emcee, and has the uncanny gift to derail any boring
IT conversation! Adam can be found on FaceBook here: http://fb.com/AdamGrowe and on his
own site: http://adamgrowe.com -
on behalf of HP I wish to thank Adam for his presence and making us
- Emrah Alpa (HP TippingPoint technical
specialist) - Emrah in addition to being an accomplished
DJ is the Northwest Canada regional HP TippingPoint technical